Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Want to make a positive impact while growing your business?
In this episode, I interview David Betke, Chief Marketing Officer at Avatar Brand Management Inc.
David explains how to create a brand with heart and overcome the fear of charging for your services.
Listen to this guest interview and learn how to build a profitable brand with your heart and soul.
- [00:35] Dedicating this episode to whole-hearted entrepreneurs
- [01:24] Introducing David Betke
- [02:07] What is Brands With Heart?
- [04:06] Do you work with local companies only or also with remote companies?
- [05:17] What type of companies do you work with (non-profits, associations, etc)?
- [06:41] Do non-profit companies mention more often about the topic of giving back than for-profit ones?
- [07:51] Can you give back when you are just getting started on your business?
- [09:50] Can kindness be seen as a weakness?
- [10:47] What about people who are not comfortable with showing their big heart?
- [12:09] About Elon Musk and being vulnerable
- [13:05] How can people overcome their fear of making money doing something good?
- [14:56] How to charge others for your services?
- [15:31] Entrepreneurs should think about building a sustainable business
- [17:16] Asking David about his past cause to save a forest
- [19:13] Think about the minimal income you need
- [21:07] At what extent should givers work for free when their audience can’t afford their services?
- [25:26] How to say no when someone asks for your help for free?
- [28:46] Is Brands With Heart also a community?
- [31:12] Will Brands With Heart have a dedicated website?
- [32:45] Where can people find you online?
- [34:45] Summary
- [35:23] Your action item for this week: get clarity on the revenue you need to build a sustainable business
- Brands With Heart Website
- Connect with David on Instagram
- Join the Brands With Heart Facebook Group
- Follow Thuy on Twitter
- Contact Thuy here
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about this episode using the sharing buttons on this page.
Leave a Reply