Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Wondering how to find the time to work for a cause you care about?
In this episode, I interview Ruth Winden, a Career Coach, who is doing a fundraising for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust.
Learn why she decided to prepare for a trek in the Grand Canyon and how she handles her fundraising activities while managing her business.
- [00:35] Presenting Ruth Winden, a Career Coach, currently doing a fundraising for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust
- [02:11] What are the services that you offer as a Career Coach?
- [03:24] Why did you decide to start a fundraising for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust?
- [06:58] How much time do you spend on the fundraising and what does it consist in doing?
- [10:04] Do you meet the other fundraisers face to face?
- [11:00] How do you handle your energy and emotion between your different activities?
- [13:40] About a book I read, written by Cami Walker, and the benefit of giving while going through tough times.
- [15:29] Have you thought about giving up on your work?
- [17:31] How do you increase your energy level before working with a client?
- [19:22] Do you have any tips for entrepreneurs who think about giving up on their business when life gets tough?
- [21:55] Do you build your support network with entrepreneurs?
- [22:46] What will you do after your fundraising and your trek are over?
- [26:18] Connecting with Ruth via her new project, Older Yet Bolder
- [27:04] How will you find your new audience on social media?
- [28:09] Where can people find you online?
- [28:54] Will we be able to follow what you do during the trek in May?
- [30:47] Thank you Ruth! Wishing you to reach your fundraising goal.
- [31:27] Conclusion and this week action item: find communities to build your support network
- Support Ruth’s challenge, raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust
- Ruth’s Career Coaching Website
- Her new website: Older Yet Bolder
- Follow Older Yet Bolder on Twitter
- Connect with Ruth on LinkedIn
- Book: 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker
- Connect with Thuy on LinkedIn
- Follow Thuy on Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about this episode using the sharing buttons on this page.
Leave a Reply