Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Are you going through health problems that make it difficult to pursue your dream business?
In this interview with Lisa Douthit, we discuss building resilience and how to stay positive in life. Lisa is an Integrative Health Consultant who survived four different cancers and two immune diseases.
- [00:30] Introducing Lisa Douthit
- [01:56] What is Integrative Medicine?
- [02:55] Lisa’s story
- [04:40] Finding out about her pregnancy
- [05:24] Did your detoxing impact on your pregnancy?
- [06:44] Fighting cancer again
- [07:37] Has your experience helped you build resilience as an entrepreneur or did you already have a resilient mindset?
- [08:55] How did you build a strong mindset to go through your personal life and your work?
- [10:45] How can entrepreneurs with health problems start their own business without any support?
- [13:02] How to find support offline? Should people talk about their health problems?
- [14:38] Should we mention about personal issues in a work environment?
- [15:35] How to stay positive when you feel low?
- [17:10] What do you think about meditation?
- [17:53] What about practicing gratitude?
- [20:26] What to do if your partner doesn’t support your business?
- [22:32] How to handle deadlines when you are sick?
- [24:23] How to reframe a difficult situation?
- [26:45] Talking about libra’s characteristics
- [27:16] What are your plans for 2017?
- [29:20] Where to find you online?
- [29:57] Do what feels right to you and you are not alone in your entrepreneurial journey
- [30:35] You action item: start simple
I have created a free Facebook group to help you nurture your business in 2017 with a different theme each month and short challenges that should not take more than 25 minutes to take action on your business.
Interested? Join the community here.
- Lisa’s Website
- Lisa’s book: Wellness Warrior – Fighting for Life in Fabulous Shoes
- The 5 Minute Journal
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about the show using the sharing buttons on this page too.
Leave a Reply