Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Wondering how to know exactly what your audience wants?
In this episode, Henneke Duistermaat, a copywriter and business writing coach, explains how she was able to quit her job and craft products her followers were looking for buying.
Listen to how she found out what her audience was struggling with, before writing ebooks and creating courses to teach them exactly what they wanted to learn.
- [00:35] Introducing Henneke
- [02:40] How do you help your audience?
- [03:04] How did you transition from the corporate world to having your own business?
- [04:26] How guest posting led Henneke to copywriting projects
- [05:42] How did you know when the right time was to quit your job?
- [07:32] What was your first paid offer?
- [08:53] In which order did you offer your online services?
- [10:20] How Henneke figured out what people were struggling with
- [12:21] How did you become confident about teaching others how to write in English, when English is not your first language?
- [14:36] Did you look at the competition to study how to stand out in a crowded market?
- [16:17] How did you get the idea to add your own drawings to your blog?
- [19:58] Hitting the publish button and overcoming perfection
- [21:56] How do you handle your work and energy when you have limited time in a day?
- [23:05] How to keep a business rolling after a car accident
- [27:35] How do you get rid of workaholism?
- [29:05] Working within blocks of 25 minutes
- [29:39] Do you plan your week in advance?
- [32:50] About working on what matters to us
- [34:15] A different way to build your business when you feel overwhelmed
- [35:17] Any tips for entrepreneurs starting their business when English is not their first language?
- [36:49] Where could we find you online?
- [37:43] Summary
- [38:27] Your next action steps to create your first offer
- [38:48] Happy Holidays!
- Henneke’s Website and Free Writing Course
- Henneke’s Business Blogging e-Course
- Learn Cartooning with the DaVinci Cartooning Course
- Follow Henneke on Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about the show using the sharing buttons on this page too.
Sue Turcotte says
A wonderful discussion! You and Henneke are knowledgeable, interesting, and delightful. Thank you . . . and I wish much success to you both.
Thuy Pham says
Thank you for your kind message.
I always have a lovely time chatting with Henneke and I’m so glad that you enjoyed our conversation too.