Dreaming about writing and publishing your first book?
In this episode, Tom Corson-Knowles, a serial entrepreneur and international bestselling author, explains how to find your book topic, get published on Amazon and attract the right readers to buy your book.
- [00:35] This episode is packed with practical tips to write and publish your books
- [01:04] Presenting Tom, a serial entrepreneur and international bestselling author
- [02:00] How did you get into book publishing?
- [02:45] How Tom made his first $12k a month his first year after publishing on Amazon
- [05:06] Tom explaining how the market with ebooks started taking off after 2009
- [05:38] The cost of selling physical books
- [06:29] What are the pros and cons between self-publishing and working with traditional publishers?
- [11:26] How traditional deals can increase your exposure
- [12:01] TCK Publishing works with fiction and nonfiction authors, the company also helps entrepreneurs gain exposure on their business
- [13:06] How to find your book ideas and how to decide what to write about?
- [16:01] Asking Tom how he got the idea to write The Vertical Gardening Guidebook
- [17:26] How to build our authority and be seen on Amazon in a crowded market
- [19:40] Using Amazon data science to get the right customers to buy your books
- [22:30] How can an entrepreneur stand out when starting without an audience?
- [23:32] Focus on your marketing strenghts to build your audience
- [25:10] Has the quality of books decreased because it is now easier to publish and market books online?
- [26:52] The importance of working with the right people to create quality content
- [27:40] How to get help improve a book content?
- [28:50] Working with the right editors will also boost your marketing results
- [29:35] When do we know it’s time to let go of perfectionism and stop procrastinating?
- [30:50] Setup processes to fight writer’s block
- [32:27] Where can we find you online?
- [33:50] Conclusion and take action
- [34:23] Your action step: research your book ideas on Amazon
- Tom’s company website with free publishing resources
- Learn how to format, publish and market your book on Amazon
- Listen to Tom’s Publishing Profits Podcast Show
- TCK Publishing Facebook Page
- Follow Tom on Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about the show using the sharing buttons on this page too.