Wondering how to stand out in your industry?
In this episode, Gerard Furbershaw explains how he and his co-founders started Lunar, a consulting firm that was acquired in May 2015 by McKinsey & Company.
Dig deeper into your core values and company mission with this interview.
We continued our discussion after the interview and Gerard was so kind to provide more tips for you that I will create a mini episode with additional advices to complement this episode.
- [00:35] Topics discussed in this episode
- [01:15] Presenting Gerard Furbershaw
- [02:03] How did the co-founders come up with the name of the company?
- [02:58] Story of Lunar
- [05:09] How did you start your first projects?
- [07:11] Awards your team won and meeting the First Lady
- [07:56] How did you get funded?
- [09:04] When is the right time to hire new employees?
- [10:23] About Lunar’s mission and values
- [13:23] The difference between values and mission
- [14:33] How to stand out in your industry?
- [17:40] How to scale a business without burning out?
- [18:48] What kept you going through tough times?
- [20:38] About team spirit
- [22:26] Who inspires you?
- [23:47] About new projects and 3D Printing
- [26:10] What would you do differently now?
- [28:10] Do you have any tips for new entrepreneurs?
- [30:12] How do you know when it’s time to pivot?
- [31:28] Did you work with coaches?
- [32:22] Where could we find you online?
- [33:14] The Belle-V ice cream scoop project
- [34:20] Conclusion and action steps
- Lunar’s Website
- Gerard’s IDSA Presentation
- Disordered Cubism Table
- Book: Built to Last by Jim Collins and Jerry I. Porras
- Book: Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard (revised edition)
- Frank Gehry
- Belle-V Kickstarter Video with Karl Ulrich
If you enjoyed this episode, your ratings and reviews on iTunes will be greatly appreciated. It will also help more people discover the show.
Subscribe to the show on iTunes to receive automatically each new episode when they are published.
Feel free to share about the show using the sharing buttons on this page too.
If you have any feedback about this episode, let me know in the comment section below.